This longdistancemoving.com is committed to implementing policies and procedures designed to protect your privacy and security, in addition to providing you with the best possible online experience. To that end, we want you to understand what kinds of information we gather about you, how this information, particularly Personal Information (defined below), is used and safeguarded, and how you can control its use.
Automatic Collection of Information: Like many Web site on the Internet, we automatically track certain information about you as you visit and use our Site to help us (i) better understand, improve and modify the Site, (ii) better understand how the Site are used and experienced and (iii) better understand how we can enhance your or others overall experience on one or more of the Site, including providing advertising and other information that is relevant to you. This tracked or automatically gathered information may include, among other things, your computer’s IP address (Internet Protocol address), the URLs and Site pages you’ve visited, sections of or content on Site pages on which you click or in which you are interested, the number of times you visit each Site page, what downloads and/or search queries you have made, how long you spent on particular sections of each Site and on each Site generally, and your browser type. This automatically gathered data includes information provided through the use of “cookies” (which is described in more detail below).
Cookies: Cookies are small files that we send to and store on your computer so that we can recognize it as a unique machine the next time you visit the Site. You are always free to decline any cookies we use if your browser permits. Some of our advertisers and third-party service providers may also utilize their own cookies. In addition, we and our service providers sometimes use “clear GIFs” in connection with cookies and other website functions. Clear GIFs perform administrative functions without detracting from your online experience. They may be used to perform statistical and administrative tasks including measuring site and page traffic, verifying advertising avenues and positioning images on the web. Clear GIFs are not designed to collect Personal Information.
INFORMATION SHARING DISCLOSURE – HOW INFORMATION IS USED AND SHARED
The use of information about you depends on the context in which it is collected. Depending on the feature of the sire that you wish to use, kindly look over to the special categories below.
We may share the Personal Information we collect from you only with your consent or under the following circumstances.
User-Requested Services and Information: Certain features, products or services on our Site may seek Personal Information from you, which may be used in the following ways:
- We may use other companies and individuals (1) to perform supporting functions for the various tools, functionality, information, products and services offered through our Site on our behalf, (2) to perform or support various tasks or initiatives instrumental to the business of, or related to operating or improving, the Site or (3) to assist us in testing, maintaining or improving the features, content or effectiveness of the Site or in performing research or development. These service providers may be permitted to receive from us and use information collected from you but will not be authorized by us to use Personal Information for any other purpose other than in connection with performing the support functions for longdistancemoving or such other tasks, initiatives or assistance for longdistancemoving.
User-Initiated Communication: From time to time, portions of the Site may enable you to send email and other types of messages to us or to third parties and to participate in bulletin boards and discussion groups. All such emails and messages, and all such postings to bulletin boards and discussion groups, become our property once you submit them. Your Internet Protocol (IP) address may be included in any email that you send, whether to us or to third parties. Whenever you choose to initiate these kinds of communication with us, or anyone else, you may be contacted in return. Also, remember that our bulletin boards and discussion groups are open to the public, and, therefore, your postings can be seen by anyone and are not protected by us or any other entity. Please use your own discretion when deciding whether and what to post and whom to contact. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to edit or delete postings from our bulletin boards and discussion groups. This reservation of rights shall not under any circumstances obligate us to conduct such edits or deletions, nor shall it cause us to be liable for any such edits or deletions.
Referrals: If you participate in any referral service we may offer:
- Consumers: We may use the information you submit to us, in order to determine which of our participating Professional(s) may be able to serve your needs. We may forward information relating to you, which may include Personal Information obtained through our sign-up form or otherwise, to certain Professional(s). Those Professionals or their designees may contact you regarding your needs.
Asset transfers: We continue to develop our business and in doing so might choose to buy or sell businesses or assets. Personal Information and other information we collect from you is generally one of the assets acquired or transferred in such transactions.
Registration Information: The Personal Information you provide when you become a registered user or customer of one of the Site is used primarily to help us customize or enhance your or others’ online experience, increase the convenience of accessing new or existing tools, products and services, and, if applicable, provide the information, features, products and/or services you purchase or request. This Personal Information may also be shared among the Site to make use of the Site more convenient by, for example, limiting the number of times you have to register with us. Your email address serves as a unique identifier in our record system, and together with your password is designed to help us prevent unauthorized access to information you choose to store on the Site. The data you give us about your personal preferences and demographics (e.g., your age, ZIP code, occupation or the like) may be used to help us offer content, advertisements, products, and services that we believe will be of interest to you. In addition, we may share this information, in aggregate or other protected form (see “Information You Give Us”, above) or under confidentiality terms, with our current and potential advertisers and service providers so that they, or we, can present and deliver advertisements more effectively. If you forget your password for any registered area of the Site, we have an automated password recovery system, which can be accessed by clicking on the “Forgot Password?” link on the sign-in page.
- Consumers: Unless you specify that you’d prefer not to hear from us, we may use the email address you provide at the time of registration to contact you for promotional or other purposes. You may have these communications terminated at any time by opting out through your member profile on the applicable Site, or by clicking on any “unsubscribe” link contained in a promotional email. Please be aware that opting out on one of our Site, does not opt you out from any of our other Site unless that option is specifically provided. If you would like to request to opt out with respect to all of the Site please email email@example.com with your requests.
Children’s Privacy: Our Site are general audience Web site. If you are under the age of 13 you should not register or provide information on our Site. We do not collect Personal Information from any person we actually know is a child under the age of 13. If you have knowledge that a child under the age of 13 has submitted Personal Information to us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW CAN I ACCESS AND CHANGE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
To view, edit or delete the Personal Information that you submitted on the Site during registration or during the purchase of a product or service, or that you otherwise submitted as described above:
- Consumers: Follow the instructions found in the “My Profile” or “Edit Your Profile” area of the Site(s) where you registered or submitted Personal Information. If you would like us to no longer use or share with our affiliates, partners or other service providers, Personal Information we may gather from you to market information to you, please send a request to email@example.com.
- Professionals: You may edit Personal Information you have submitted by returning to the area of the Site where you registered and modifying the information there, or by calling our Customer Care Center at (800) 878-4166. By contacting Customer Care to make such changes, you expressly authorize Customer Care to access Personal Information and any associated data or accounts for the purposes of completing your requested edits, modifications and/or deletions.
Any change you request regarding Personal Information may adversely affect or otherwise change the availability, deliverability or quality for you of information, features, products or services in which you are interested or your experience on or relating to the Site.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION â€“ OUR GUARANTEE
ONLINE BEHAVIORAL ADVERTISING (OBA) – INFORMATION
EFFECTIVE DATE AND MODIFICATIONS